SONAR Mods

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *EXE Color Instructions* updated 11/10/14  (Read 2593 times)

ZMODs

• Global Moderator
  • [SONAR Mods]
*EXE Color Instructions* updated 11/10/14
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:17:42 AM »

EXE Colors Instructions for Sonar X series DAW

11/10/14

Color sets are made to be used with Panu's Duckbar utility to edit the colors of Sonar's GUI.
Each version of Sonar has it's own unique color set as determined by the color's location within Sonar. Color sets for X1 will not work in X2, and so on.

Countless hours are spent trying to make them as complete and accurate as possible but mistakes WILL still exist. Discrepancy reports are welcome.

LOADING COLOR SETS:
1. Put the color list files in the "C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\SONAR Mods\Duckbar\EXEColors folder
  (save the originals somewhere safe)

2. Open Duckbar and make sure the correct version of Sonar is selected

3. Open Customize - EXE Colors

4. If a color set does not automatically appear, click "Open" and select the one you want

5. Highlight a location and pick a new color from the scrolling palette or right-click it and choose "Color..." for the color palette

7. Click "Apply" or "Apply and Run Sonar" (Sonar cannot already be running)

8. Save the color set with a new name to avoid overwriting the original

RESETTING DEFAULT COLORS
1. Select the changed colors, or select "ALL", and click the "Default" button followed by the "Apply" button
-or-
2. Re-open the default color set and click "Apply"

NOTES:
1. When you create a color set you like, save it with a different name for future use. This keeps the original set in the default colors.
2. Location descriptions also changeable in Sonar's 'Preferences - Colors' have been removed to avoid confusion.
3. Location descriptions with a (G) are affected by graphic files which may or may not impact a color change.
4. Several lists contain the same locations because they affect more than one view.
5. Use EXE Colors along with Sonar's new TV and CV color options in X3 to create some interesting results.

Have fun coloring, or colouring, your Sonar!

ZMODs (zmods@hotmail.com)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:03:17 AM by ZMODs »

Fredj

Re: *EXE Color Instructions* updated 11/10/14
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:32:56 PM »

Hi Zmod,
I use Sonar Platinum, installed Duckbar last release (5.0) but the "Exe colors editor" item is greyed !? why ?...

Panu

• Administrator
  • [SONAR Mods]
    • SONAR Mods
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »

Unfortunately there's a tehcnical limitation that prevents us using EXE Colors with Platinum; Cakewalk added signature to the exe file and if file is modified then SONAR goes to demo mode.

Thus EXE Colors is currently available only for SONAR X1, X2 and X3.

Then the good news: now you can change most (but not all) EXE Colors in Theme Editor. Make your own theme and draw your own graphics as well. :)

Fredj

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »

oops, I didn't pay attention of this...  :-(
Well, I installed Dark Side 2015 mod and see you can change a lot objects' color but I'm afraid of not knowing how to proceed...  :o

acousticvillage

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 09:19:53 PM »

Dear Zmods or anyone else who can help.
I just love Duckbar. But I'm afraid I don't actually understand the names for all the particular graphics and frames etc. I use Sinar X3 and Duckbar v 4.
I loaded the Dark Side theme. Beautiful. But I want to change the colour of the text on the console tracks and busses. The text that says "Pan" and the text that says "In/Out"  at the bottom of the channel fader. I can't find an entry in the Exe colours options that describes the text that is used on channel strips.
Can anyone help point me to it?

ZMODs

• Global Moderator
  • [SONAR Mods]
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 02:38:13 PM »

Hi, these are not Exe Colors, they are graphic .png's and you have to extract and edit them in photoshop or similar program.

Making a legend of items would be too tedious as there are 1000's of items in Sonar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up